Serves 8 People
- 4 Organic Free Range Egg Whites
- 250g Organic Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Organic White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Organic Corn Flour
- 1 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 500g Organic Strawberries
- 3 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- 350ml Double Cream
- Preheat the oven to 130c / gas mark 2 & line a flat baking tray with non stick parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites using an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks then whisk in the sugar 1 Tbsp at a time until the meringue looks smooth & glossy.
- Whisk in the vinegar, corn flour & vanilla. Spread the meringue mixture onto the baking parchment in a circular shape, make a crater by ensuring that the sides of the mixture are higher than the middle.
- Place into the bottom of the oven to bake for 1½ hours then turn off the heat & allow the pavlova to cool completely in the oven.
- Once cooled transfer the pavlova to a serving plate.
- To make the topping whisk together the icing sugar & the cream until soft peaks are formed. Chop half of the strawberries & fold through the cream mixture.
- Place the cream mixture onto the top of the pavlova then slice the remaining strawberries & place these on top of the cream.
- Serve immediately.