Makes 1 Loaf
- 250g Organic Spelt Flour
- 250g Rye Flour
- 2 tsp Dried Yeast
- 350ml Warm Water
- 100ml Yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp Black Treacle
- 2 tsp Salt
- Mix together the Spelt Flour, Rye Flour and the Dried Yeast in a bowl.
- Place the Water, Yoghurt, Black Treacle and Salt and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture, bring together to form a dough. If the dough looks a little wet leave the dough to rest for 5 minutes for the flour to soak up some of the liquid.
- Drizzle a little oil on the work surface and knead until a smooth, slightly sticky dough is formed. If the dough is still wet use flour whilst kneading to bring it together.
- Drizzle a little oil in a bowl and place the dough in the bowl. Place the bowl in a warm place to prove for 2 hours.
- Once doubled in size, knock the air out of the dough. Shape as you wish, cover and prove for another hour. Preheat oven to 200c and place a tray of water in the bottom of the oven to create a little steam.
- Once the dough has again doubled, bake for 45 minutes until the bread has begun to leave the sides of the tin or the bread has a rich, brown crust.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before turning out, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before cutting.