Chocolate Orange Truffles
Makes approx. 48 Truffles
- 600g Dark Chocolate
- 250ml Double Cream
- 1 Orange – Zest and Juice
- Decoration – Cocoa Powder, Chopped Nuts, Biscuit Crumbs, etc
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Warm the Cream in a pan with the orange zest; do not let the cream boil. Once warmed, take off the heat and allow the flavour to infuse. Add the Orange Juice to the cream just before adding to the melted chocolate to ensure the cream does not split
- Gradually add the warmed cream to the melted chocolate, make sure you keep stirring. Do not panic if the chocolate begins to split, just add a little cold cream and stir until it becomes thick and glossy again.
- Transfer the mixture into a cold bowl and place into the fridge until set.
- Use a teaspoon to get a small amount of the mixture from the bowl, roll it in your hands to form a ball, place into which decoration you wish and roll until covered.
Hello! It sounds as if you do not use the Orange juice, just the zest. Is that so?
Love and Light from Cologne, Germany, Darsho
Thankyou, the recipe has now been updated to include the Orange Juice.
Love and Light
Comments are closed.