- 175g Organic Spelt Flour
- 100g Organic Porridge Oats
- 100g Organic Butter
- 100g Organic Carrot
- 3 Large Organic Onions
- 3 Medium Organic Beetroot, Cooked & Peeled
- 3 Organic Free Range Eggs
- 250ml Organic Double Cream
- 150g Organic Goats Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the flour, porridge oats & butter into a food processor & pulse until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Peel & grate the carrot then place into the food processor with the oats, flour & butter. Pulse again until the mixture comes together to form a dough. You may need to add a little water to help it on its way.
- Wrap the dough in cling film & place into the refrigerator to rest for 30 minutes..
- Once the dough has rested roll out onto a lightly floured surface & use to line a shallow, loose bottomed tart tin.
- Line the pastry case with baking paper & fill with baking beans then place into the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is just starting to turn golden.
- Peel & finely slice the onions, add a little oil & butter to a heavy based pan along with the onions & cook for 15-20 minutes until they begin to caramelise.
- Grate the beetroot & add to the onions, cook for a further 5 minutes, season with salt & pepper & allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the beetroot & onion mixture into the bottom of the pastry case, grate the goats cheese & place on top of the onion & beetroot.
- Pour the cream into a jug & add the eggs, whisk together until the eggs are fully incorporated & season with salt & pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onion, beetroot & cheese but be careful not to overfill the tart case.
- Place into the oven & bake for 30 minutes until firm & golden brown.
- Allow the tart to cool in the tin for 30 minutes before removing & slicing. Serve with Quinoa & a salad of organic baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, grated carrot & sunflower seeds.