- 1k Organic Tomatoes
- 4 Organic Onions – Finely Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- 200g Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 200ml Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Fry off the Sliced Onions and Crushed Garlic on a low heat with the spices in a little oil until the Onions are soft.
- While the Onions are cooking, cut the Tomatoes into quarters and place into the pan and turn up the heat to full until the tomatoes are softened and are releasing their juices.
- Once the Tomato mixture is cooking down, add the Sugar and the Red Wine Vinegar. Allow to reduce by half on a medium heat for 20 minutes making sure you stir every once in a while to prevent the Chutney catching on the bottom of the pan.
- Sterilise the Jars with boiling water and allow to dry, once the Chutney is thick enough to cover the back of a spoon, place into the sterilised jars while still hot. Allow to cool and ensure the jar is vaccuum sealed before placing into a cool, dark place.
- The Chutney can be served either warm or cold.