For the pastry
- 250g Organic Spelt Flour
- 125g Organic Butter
- Water (to Bind)
For the Crème Pâtissière
- 300ml Organic Milk
- 75g Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 25g Organic Spelt Flour
- 2 Tbsp Organic Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the decoration
- To make the pastry, rub the Flour and Butter until they resemble breadcrumbs and add a little water at a time to bind into a ball of dough. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the pastry is resting in the fridge, warm the milk and vanilla in a pan ensuring you do not boil.
- Whisk the Egg Yolks and Sugar until thick and pale then fold the flours into the egg mixture.
- Slowly pour the warm milk over the egg mixture ensuring to whisk at all times, return to the pan and gently warm through while stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened. Pour into a clean bowl and cover with cling film so that it touches the Crème Pâtissière.
- Roll out the Pastry on a floured surface and place into a loose bottomed Tart tin and blind bake for 20 minutes on 180c/Gas mark 4 for 20 minutes or until the bottom is crisp.
- Once the tart case has cooled, remove the cling film from the Crème Pâtissière and pour into the tart case. Smooth out the Crème Pâtissière ensuring an even spread all over the tart case. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until the Crème Pâtissière is set.
- Hull and halve the Strawberries, then decorate the Tart. Serve.
- *Tip – to give the Strawberries a glossy shine; warm a tablespoon of Strawberry Jam with a teaspoon of water in a pan and brush on the top of each Strawberry.