Makes 1 1lb Loaf
- 500g Organic Spelt Flour
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 20g Dried Yeast
- 1 Tsp Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300ml Warm Water
- Place the dried ingredients into a large mixing bowl & stir together.
- Add the olive oil & rub into the dried mixture until no lumps are left.
- Slowly add the water to the dried ingredients & mix well, knead for 10 minutes until a smooth dough is formed.
- Place the dough back into the mixing bowl, cover with a clean damp tea towel & leave in a warm place to prove until the mixture has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has proved then remove from the mixing bowl & knead for a further 5 minutes, place into a 1lb loaf tin, dust with spelt flour & score the top with 5 diagonal lines.
- Place the loaf tin in a warm place & allow to prove for 25-30 minutes.
- Once proved bake at gas mark 5 for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the loaf to rest in the tin for 5 minutes before removing & placing onto a wire rack to cool.