- 600g Pumpkin – Peeled, Seeded and Diced into 1cm Cubes
- 2 Onions – Finely Diced
- 1 tsp Dried Sage
- 300g Arborio Rice
- 1½ Litres of Vegetable Stock
- 200g Feta Cheese – Diced
- 5 Leaves Fresh Sage – Shredded
- Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the Pumpkin into a tray with a little Oil, season with Salt, Pepper and the Dried Sage. Roast for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, gently fry the onions in a little Oil ensuring the onions do not brown. Once the onions become translucent, add the Arborio Rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn the pan onto a medium heat and add the Vegetable Stock a little at a time making sure you continually stir. This should take around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Check to see if the Rice is cooked through, it should not be hard or chalky. Turn to a low heat if it is soft enough then add the Fresh Sage and the Roasted Pumpkin. Gently stir and allow the flavours to come together.
- Just before plating, gently stir the Feta into the Risotto and serve