- 350g Plums – Stoned and Diced
- 125g Pears – Peeled, Cored and Diced
- 300g Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- On a low heat, gently warm the spices until they become fragrant.
- Add the Diced Plums and Pears, turn up to a medium heat and allow the fruit to cook a little until the juices are beginning to seep from the fruit.
- Add the sugar, turn up to a medium high heat and allow to cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Whilst the Jam is cooking, place a small dish into the freezer. This will then be used for checking the setting point.
- Turn down to a low and remove the Cloves and the Star Anise, place a teaspoon of jam onto the dish and let it cool for 1 minute. Run a line down the middle with your finger, if the jam stay separated for over 1 minute then it has reached its setting point.
- While hot, place into a sterilised jar then allow to cool.