Makes 2 Jars
- 1kg Red Onions – Finely Sliced
- 150g Sugar
- 150ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 100ml White Wine Vinegar
- 5 Sprigs Rosemary
- Gently fry the Onions in a little oil on a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strip 3 sprigs of Rosemary and finely chop them, add the 2 chopped Rosemary and the 2 whole sprigs of Rosemary to the pan. Cook for a further 15 minutes with a lid on still stirring every once in a while.
- Remove the 2 woody stalks from the pan. Then add the Vinegar and the Sugar to the pan and cook for a further 25 minutes on low without a lid until the mixture thickens.
- Once thick and looking like a soft jam, place into sterilised jars. Serve as an accompaniment to Cheeses or add a spoonful to your Gravy to give it a zing.