Gluten Free Orange & Ginger Cake
- 125g Gluten Free Flour
- 125g Ground Almonds
- 2 Tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ Tsp Bi-Carbonate of Soda
- 250g Raw Cane Sugar
- 100g Black Treacle
- 100g Butter
- 1 Orange Zest
- 50ml Orange Juice
- 75ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 3/160c. Place the butter, sugar & black treacle into a pan & heat gently until melted. Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the egg, milk & orange juice into a jug & whisk until combined.
- Pour into the pan with the sugar & treacle then mix well until smooth.
- Carefully fold in the dried ingredients until combined.
- Place the mixture into a greased & lined non stick loose bottomed tin.
- Place into the oven & bake for 35 minutes until slightly risen & cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing. Dust with icing sugar & slice into 12 pieces.