Butternut Squash and Cumin Hummus with Onion Seed and Yoghurt Flatbreads
- For the Hummus
- 1 Small Butternut Squash (around 700g) – Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Roughly Chopped
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 200g Dried Chickpeas – Soaked Overnight
- Juice 1 Lemon
- 150ml Olive Oil
- For the Flatbread
- 200g Organic Spelt flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Instant Dried Yeast
- 1 tsp Onion Seeds
- 200g Plain Natural Yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Place the diced Butternut Squash, chopped Garlic and Cumin into a bowl with 1 tbsp of Olive Oil, mix together and put into a roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes at 180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Drain off the soaked chickpeas, put into a pan of fresh water and bring to the boil, once it has begun to boil bring to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Put all of the dried ingredients for the flatbread into a bowl, add the Yoghurt and Olive Oil, mix until it all comes together.
- Place dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough becomes smoother and more elastic, place into the bowl with a little oil and allow to prove for 30 minutes.
- Take out the butternut squash once cooked and allow to cool. Then, place a clean flat tray into the oven to heat up. Drain and cool the chickpeas, put them into the food processor with the butternut squash, turn on the machine, add the lemon juice and slowly add the olive oil until smooth. Season to taste.
- Once proven, divide the dough into 4 and roll out onto a floured surface. Place the bread onto the tray that has been in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.